Noteworthy Sheet Music is having a pre-National Flute Association Convention special online sale! From July 17 to July 30, 2019, the following PDF editions by flutist and long-time NFA member Peter H. Bloom, including his original compositions and arrangements of classical works, are 20% off list price. Just follow the title links, click the “Add to Cart” buttons, and check out ... the discounted prices will automatically register on PayPal when you make payment before downloading your PDFs.
- Chaconne (Partita for Violin No. 2, BWV 1004), by J. S. Bach - violin part transcribed for Alto Flute or Flute
- Der Hirt auf dem Felsen, Op.129, by F. Schubert - clarinet obbligato transcribed for Alto Flute
- Fantaisie, Op.124, by Camille Saint-Saëns - violin part transcribed for Flute
- Quartet No.1, by Juan Crisóstomo de Arriaga - first violin part transcribed for Flute
- Romanza Andaluza, by Pablo de Sarasate - violin part transcribed for Flute
- Sonata, Op.22, by Marion Bauer - viola part transcribed for Alto Flute
- The Wreck of the Hesperus, by Hatton & Longfellow - Arr. for Tenor, Flute, Clarinet, Violin, Viola, and Double Bass
Take advantage of this great opportunity to explore some interesting new music and expand your repertoire.
Please note that sale pricing does not apply to printed hard-copy editions, only to PDF editions.
We’ve adapted Schubert’s wonderful Rondeau brillant, D.895 for flute. The piece was written for violin and piano, and our transcription provides effective flute-friendly alternatives so it can be played comfortably and beautifully on flute. The Rondo is virtuosic in places, showy and exciting, and a joy to play.
Coste’s Les Regrets-Cantilène, Op.36, was written for oboe or violin with piano or harp or guitar. The piece, melodic and sentimental, falls nicely within the sweet range of the alto flute and our transposition sounds appealing and completely natural on that instrument. In fact, Les Regrets-Cantilène is gorgeous on either flute or alto flute. Our edition includes a score in concert pitch and a part suitable for flute, oboe or violin, as well as a part transcribed for alto flute in G.